September 5, 2018
Fall Storing: Self Storage Tips
Here at 4 Storage our 3 self storage facilities have storage units and the self storage tips to store for fall. Our drive up units in Bristol PA, our temperature controlled storage in Northeast Philadelphia PA and . It feels like we just took our summer items out of storage and now it is time to put them all back.
Start organizing for cooler weather with 4 Storage. Self storage is more than a helpful solution while moving, our storage units protect your gear all year long.
Boats and Kayak storage
- Depending on the material, your canoe and kayak may hold more moisture in than you are aware. DampRid or moisture control products keep condensation out.
- Use a rack to support boats off the ground. Sitting them on the ground can potentially create a soft flat spot on the bottom of the boat.
- If you have compartments within your boat to keep things dry while out in the water, leave them open while in storage.
- Moving supplies, like boxes, dust covers, and tape make storing easier. Stop by any of our offices to find your storage supplies.
- Wicker chairs can become unraveled, so before storing them, weave loose strands back into the chair.
- Painted furniture, requires a gentle touch when cleaning. So to avoid painting again, use a sponge and soapy water to remove dirt.
Closing down the pool for fall?
- Create an atmosphere your belongings can stay protected in. Finding a unit that holds everything securely without over crowding is important.
- Mold and mildew can become an issue in your chemical containers, so keep them sealed and do not stack them. Stacking in multiple layers may cause the plastic to become weak and crack.
Our storage experts want to help you find a Northeast Philadelphia storage unit, a Bristol PA outdoor parking space, or a Deer Park NY drive up unit that suits your needs this fall. Give us a call, stop by the office, or rent online anytime.