September 1, 2018
Top 6 Steps for Vehicle Storage
Even though we want summer to last forever, winter is on its way and 4 Storage wants to prepare you! All 3 of our self storage facilities offer outdoor parking for your RVs, boats, and vehicles. Our storage experts at Bristol PA, Northeast Philadelphia PA, and Deer Park NY are here to help you find the vehicle storage option that fits your situation.
Vehicle Storage: Top 6 Tips
- A covered car is a protected car. With our outdoor parking spaces you have an open spot in the driveway, but do not forget to protect vehicles from Mother Nature. A heavy duty cover can be the solution for preventing cosmetic damage while in storage.
- Why make the car look great even though it is going to storage? When storing your car for an extended period, we recommend giving a fresh layer of wax as well as washing inside and out.
- Instead of using the parking brake, use a wheel chock to keep the car in place.
- Tire pressure is key if you do not want a flat tire come spring. Inflate to the maximum recommended pressure for your tire; this number can be found on the side wall of the tire.
- When storing your vehicle, RV, or boat, add a stabilizer to the gas tank. This will keep the lines open and avoid sediment from settling.
- Remove the battery and store it in a cool dry location. Talk to us about renting a small storage unit.
Looking for covered parking in Bristol PA? Talk with our storage experts at our Ford Road location the next time you need to find covered vehicle storage. Whether it is a safe place for your belongings or a parking space for RV storage, 4 Storage has what you need. Storage experts are waiting to assist you at our Red Lion Road and Deer Park NY storage facilities.